About Graduate & Family Housing
Due to security changes, our credit card processor will NOT accept non-USA credit or debit cards. Online payments for rent and other charges must be made using a USA credit or debit card. Currently, non-USA credit or debit cards CAN be used to make payments in the office.
Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) of 1974
- Students – http://www.uky.edu/registrar/FERPA-privacy
- Parents/Guardians – http://www.uky.edu/registrar/content/ferpa-parentsguardians
- Faculty/Staff – http://www.uky.edu/registrar/content/facultystaff-ferpa-privacy
Emergency Contact Information for Clery/Minger Act
The Emergency Contact Information for Clery/Minger Act is now available.
About UK Graduate & Family Housing
"University Graduate & Family Housing strives to provide a safe, healthful, well maintained, clean, accessible, living and learning environment at a reasonable price for full-time student families, full-time single graduate and doctoral students, and full-time non-traditional students as space permits."
- University Graduate & Family Housing Mission Statement
Address: 300 Alumni Drive Apartment 156, Lexington, KY 40503
Main Telephone Number: 859-257-3721
Fax Number: 859-323-1900
Email Contact Information
Contact us by emailing our Shared "IN BOX!" Please direct all non-confidential emails to our shared "IN BOX" for quicker response at email@example.com.
Please see Contacts Grad-Family for staff contact information.
Effective As Of July 1, 2015
Effective as of July 1st, 2015 we now require a $50 non-refundable application fee to be submitted with your application. Please note that your application will NOT be processed without this fee. You must submit this fee at Graduate & Family Housing Online Payments. This fee can only be paid using a credit or debit card.
Tobacco Free Campus
The University of Kentucky is a tobacco-free Campus. The use of all tobacco products is prohibited indoors and outdoors. This includes our apartment communities. Please review this policy at: http://www.uky.edu/TobaccoFree/.
The University restricts applicants for University Graduate & Family Housing to the following:
- Full-time single graduate, doctoral or professional students.
- Full-time students with families.
- Non-traditional adult full-time students.
- Single undergraduate students 20-years of age or younger MUST apply for Campus Housing residence halls through Undergraduate Housing.
What is Graduate & Family Housing?
- Efficiency, one-bedroom, and two-bedroom residential units. A limited number of townhomes, duplex units, and houses are available. All located on or adjacent to campus.
When Should You Apply?
- Apply as early as possible before you are scheduled to arrive. You will be placed on our waiting list. Housing is limited and placement is not guaranteed.
20 Reasons to Live in Graduate and Family Housing
- Make friends from around the world in this culturally diverse community.
- Conveniently located on or adjacent to campus.
- Appliances and furnishings available in select communities.
- Enjoy outdoor playground facilities in our family-oriented communities. Outdoor recreational space available in most communities.
- In most areas, housing rates include electricity, water, sewer.
- Select housing includes FREE Internet and 60 basic deluxe cable channels.
- An academic community composed of advanced degree-seeking individuals with quiet hours from 7:00 p.m. to 7:00 a.m., daily.
- Fun, FREE programming events such as the "Welcome Picnic" and "Children's Winter Holiday Surprise"
- CATS bus service is available in most of our residential communities for quick transportation to class, labs, the library, etc.
- The Shawneetown Community Room is available for parties and meetings at no cost to the resident.
- Laundry facilities are available in most communities.
- Offering different floor plans and unit styles to fit your needs: Efficiency, one-bedroom, and two-bedroom. A limited number of townhomes, duplex units, and houses are also available.
- The Resident Council, which you may join, gives you a voice in policy and decision-making affecting your community.
- Stay involved and up-to-date with our newsletter: "Resident News & Information".
- All housing receives FREE regularly scheduled preventive maintenance such as pest control, fire extinguisher checks, changing filters, etc.
- Enjoy a clean environment featuring a recycling program.
- Residential units and townhomes located at 625 S. Limestone and 633 Maxwelton Court are located in close proximity to the College of Law and Gatton College of Business and Economics.
- FREE Emergency maintenance service is available 24-7 with routine maintenance service during regular business hours.
- The Graduate Housing staff is committed to excellent customer service. We strive to accommodate our residents' busy schedules by opening our offices through the lunch hour, and offering move-in/move-out inspections scheduled in the evenings or on weekends.
- Management and staff committed to making our residential communities your true home-away-from-home!