How To Apply For Housing
How to apply for 2015-2016 Housing
Important: 2015-2016 Housing Application and Contract is for a full academic year
**September 2, 2014 the Housing Application will be available
Step 1: Apply
Students should login to the myUK Portal using their Link Blue credentials and select the Undergraduate Housing link on the Student Services - > myInfo tab. There is a non-refundable $50 application fee.
Step 2: Contract
The contract requires an electronic signature. A $150 prepayment will be required on the dates indicated below in order to hold Student’s reservation. This $150 housing prepayment will be applied towards the Student’s housing charges. The prepayment fee is assessed as follows:
- Application to Housing by February 15th is assessed April 1st and is due May 1st.
- Application to Housing between February 16th and May 1st is assessed at the time of housing assignment on June 1st and due when students receive their bill the first week in August.
- Application to Housing after May 1st is assessed at the time of assignment and due when students receive their bill the first week in August.
Please click here to view the 2015-2016 Housing Contract and Cancellation Policy.
Step 3: Living Learning and Meal Plan
After completing the housing contract, students will have the option to fill out the Living Learning Program Application and complete the Meal Plan Contract.
- If you are invited to join an LLC, you will receive the invitation via an email to your UK email address. Please follow the directions in this email for how to accept or decline the invitation. You must accept the invitation online (via myUK) to join a community.
- Students may accept invitations on a first-come, first served basis. If a community fills up, a student might no longer be able to accept. Therefore, we recommend accepting as soon as possible. Students will not be able to accept an invitation after April 30th.
Step 4: Assignment
- Students that apply for housing by February 15th will receive housing assignment by March 15th.
- Students that apply for housing by May 1st will receive housing assignment by June 1st.
- Students that apply for housing after May 1st will be assigned within a timely manner.
**Effective August 15, 2014 the online housing application portal has been taken offline to prepare for the next cycle. Students wanting to apply for Fall 2014 housing can do so by completing the paper application in the Housing Assignment Office (125 Funkhouser Building).