Residence Life creates a home-away-from-home in the residence halls for our students. Our staff serves as a helpful resource for all residents, from the programs and activities run by Resident Advisors to the support of the full-time, live-in Resident Directors. Through the efforts of all of our staff members, living on campus is an inclusive, safe, and fun learning and living environment for our residents.
Why Live on Campus?
The Office of Residence Life’s mission is to create inclusive residential communities that promote student learning and personal growth.
Living on campus is a great way to learn about campus traditions, get to know lots of people and have new experiences. You will be close to classes, find your favorite place to eat, meet people from around the world and develop friendships that will last a lifetime. You will find unique experiences in each community when you live on campus.
Living on campus has a positive impact on a student’s academic success (see chart). Students are more like to succeed and return for their sophomore year if they live on campus. We know that students are happier, more successful, and more involved when they live in residence hall. Our goal is to create a community where our students thrive and feel at home. Living on campus is a smart decision for not just your first year, but throughout your college career.
What Do We Believe?
The residence halls are place where every student, regardless of their background, can feel comfortable and consider their home while at UK.
The Office of Residence Life’s Commitment to Diversity Statement outlines our strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. A vital part of the mission of Residence Life is to create communities where our students and staff represent diverse characteristics and backgrounds and where all members
The foundation of our mission is helping students succeed, therefore we are committed to supporting the University’s Four Pillars of Student Success in all communities we manage:
* Academic Achievement
* Physical & Mental Wellness
* Inclusion & Belonging
* Financial Stability
We believe students are most likely to succeed in an environment where everyone is welcome and involved. We give students the opportunity to work and live with people from different backgrounds, and in the process, we encourage them to learn from one another in an atmosphere of mutual respect. We seek to foster this atmosphere through our employment of staff members from diverse backgrounds.
Need More Info?
Looking for specific information? Below is an outline of ResLife information on the website.
- Your Hall Staff - an overview of our staff and front desk phone numbers.
- Contact Residence Life Staff - connect with a specific ResLife staff member.
- Employment - looking for a job with our office? Find more info here.
- Maintenance & Custodial - submit a work order if an item in your room needs to be repaired.
- Living with Your Roommate - info about Roommate Agreements and room changes.
- Safety - educating residents about being safe on campus.
- Academic Initiatives - resources to support students academically.
- Resources - a list of campus resources & services for student needs.
- Get Involved - learn about Hall Council & RHA.
- Minor Overnight Guest Request Form - complete for minors visiting a student in the residence halls overnight.