Catalyzing Positive Change
Our Vision is...
Our Mission is...
This strategic plan provides the roadmap for moving the University of Kentucky College of Public (CPH) to the next phase of becoming THE leader for population health change as well as acting in service to the people of the Commonwealth, the nation, and the world. The need for public health in the Commonwealth of Kentucky is tremendous: we rank at or near the bottom in every measure of chronic diseases and opioid overdose, and have very high prevalence of poverty, low educational levels, and environmental risk factors. The CPH vision will be realized by optimizing the student experience, conducting impactful research, and translating discoveries into effective policies and practice. The University of Kentucky (UK) is one of only a few state universities to host the full range of academic disciplines, from agriculture and medicine to engineering and fine arts, on one contiguous campus. This diversity offers the CPH a dynamic context for interdisciplinary cooperation and meaningful collaborations.
- SI 1: Develop and implement a robust infrastructure and support process to strengthen areas of research expertise in the College.
- SI 2: Ensure we have the highest quality faculty and staff to meet the current and future needs of the College.
- SI 3: Re-engineer and strengthen the graduate and professional programs.
- SI 4: Position the Bachelor of Public Health for continued success and to be one of the most sought after public health programs in the nation.
- SI 5: Increase giving for long-term financial sustainability and success.
- SI 6: Collaborate with stakeholders, communities, and the public to solve population health problems.