Produce Best Practices Training (PBPT)
Click here for 2019 PBPT training dates.
At this time, we have no information on additional trainings for 2018.
What is Produce Best Practices Training?
- PBPT directly replaces the GAP Training/Education program introduced in 2008 that more than 5,000 KY producers have completed.
- Renamed to help alleviate confusion between GAP Certificates and Third Party GAP Audits and Tobacco GAP.
- Revised to educate about FSMA requirements and the latest on produce safety.
- Is the new basic training requirement for All Samples certificate from KDA
- Still delivered by your extension agent.
Who needs to complete PBPT?
- Anyone wishing to acquire a Farmers Market All-Samples certificate
- Anyone seeking a general overview of major produce food safety concerns
When do I need to complete PBPT?
- All current GAP diplomas are valid until January 1, 2019
- PBPT will be available to producers state-wide starting January 1, 2018 (some counties may not offer this program before this date).
- Sampling certificate protocols should remain the same--all that's changing is the training.
Contact Your Local Extension Office to find out about scheduled trainings.