The decision to move to Canvas was heavily influenced by the UK community. Canvas was chosen because of its:
- Ease of use - managing course materials will be easier for both faculty and students.
- Multimedia - integration and delivery.
- Mobile friendliness - whether you use the Canvas Teacher or Student app, or a mobile web browser, Canvas is beautiful.
- Integration options with existing teaching tools at UK including Google Apps for Education.
- Cloud SaaS subscription service with open source software and agile development approach- means consistent introduction of new functionality without major upgrades so less disruption for users.
- Compliance with accessibility standards - Canvas has been recognized by The National Federation for the Blind for compliance and conforms to the W3C’s WAI WCAG guidelines.
- Favored by multiple constituencies: faculty, students, distance learning, and staff.