Students who will submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) to apply for financial aid must provide their Social Security Number (SSN) where requested on the paper or online UK admission application.
In order to apply for aid at the University of Kentucky, follow the steps below:
- Fill out The Free Application for Federal Student Aid Form (FAFSA Form). Applying online is the most expedient way to apply for assistance and includes built in "edits" that help filers avoid common mistakes. You must complete the application and list the University of Kentucky.
- The University of Kentucky's Title IV code is 001989
- If you will begin UK in January 2019, in addition to the 2018-19 FAFSA, you MUST complete the Spring 2019 Request for Federal Aid form.
- If you plan to attend the 2019 summer session, the request form will become available March 2019.
- Submit the FAFSA form electronically at www.fafsa.gov. Note: If you complete a paper FAFSA form, mail it to the national processor using the envelope provided. Do not send it to the University of Kentucky.
- You will receive an email notification from FAFSA that your application is processed. You may log back in to review your application and/or make changes.