For the fall of 2020, UK Campus Housing will provide beds for BCTC students in Smith Hall. All spaces for BCTC students will be filled on a first-come, first-served basis based on two factors: 1) the housing application completion date; and 2) proof of eligibility from BCTC. As of 6/24/2020 the beds for BCTC students are full.
In order to receive a housing assignment, a BCTC student must:
- Provide proof of full-time enrollment (12 or more hours in either 16-Week classes or 1st 8-Week and 2nd 8-Week classes with 75% of classes on-site) at a Cooper, Newtown, Leestown or Winchester BCTC campus
- Email proof of full-time enrollment to email@example.com no later than July 20
- Be in good standing (both academic and financial) with the University of Kentucky and Bluegrass Community and Technical College
Applying for Housing at the University of Kentucky is an online process that requires a UK linkblue BCTC Students wanting to apply for housing at UK should follow the steps below. If you already have UK linkblue credentials, please proceed to step four.
- Request a BCTC Link Blue account.
- Your information will be reviewed by the Campus Housing Office and then sent to UKIT. In one to seven business days you should receive an email from the University of Kentucky Service Desk that contains your linkblue ID and your eight digit UKID number.
- Follow the instructions in the email to activate your account.
- After activating your account visit http://myuk.uky.edu, and login using your new credentials.
- Select the Campus Housing link on the Student Services -> myInfo tab.
- It will take up to 20 seconds for your credentials to be passed to the Campus Housing Portal.
- Select the Undergraduate Application tab on the blue bar.
- Select the applicationwhich you are applying for, and then select continue.
- Follow the steps to complete your Housing and Dining Application.
If your classes start before the Fall Housing Contract Date, you will be charged a daily fee for each night you are on campus prior to the official University of Kentucky Move-In Date of Monday, August 17. This fee will be added to your student account, and you will be able to pay it online or at Student Account Services. You will not be able to prepay this fee.
If you become enrolled at UK during this contract period, you must contact UK Campus Housing when switching your enrollment status.
There are additional mandatory fees that BCTC students are responsible for paying. Each semester these additional fees are assessed to the student’s account. These mandatory fees allow students access to all on campus amenities.
*Rate subject to change pending Board of Trustees Approval
Note: Language on KTCTS site is generic and refers students to UK links.