UK's housing allotment for BCTC students has reached capacity for Fall 2022. If you would like to be added to a waitlist, please click the button below to fill out the waitlist form.
In order to receive a housing assignment, a BCTC student must:
- Provide proof of full-time enrollment: 12 or more hours enrolled in either 16-Week session, 12-Week session, or a 1st 8-Week and 2nd 8-Week session (provided, however that BCTC student has at least one class during the entire 16 weeks) and with 50% of classes on-site at a Cooper, Newtown, Leestown or Winchester BCTC campus.
- Email proof of full-time enrollment to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Sunday, July 17.
- Be in good standing (both academic and financial) with the University of Kentucky and Bluegrass Community and Technical College in order to receive a room assignment.
Applying for Housing at the University of Kentucky is an online process that requires UK linkblue credentials. BCTC students wanting to apply for housing at UK should follow the steps below. If the BCTC student already has UK linkblue credentials, please proceed to step four.
- Request a BCTC linkblue account.
- Student’s information will be reviewed by the Campus Housing Office and then sent to UKIT. In one to seven business days student should receive an email from the University of Kentucky Service Desk that contains student’s linkblue ID and eight-digit UKID number.
- Follow the instructions in the email to activate student’s account.
- After activating student’s account visit http://myuk.uky.edu, and login using student’s new credentials.
- Select the Campus Housing link on the Student Services -> myInfo tab.
- It will take up to 20 seconds for student’s credentials to be passed to the Campus Housing Portal.
- Select the Undergraduate Application tab on the blue bar.
- Select the Application which student is applying for, and then select Continue.
- Follow the steps to complete student’s Housing and Dining Application.
BCTC students will be charged a fee of $28/night for each night they are on campus prior to the official University of Kentucky Move-In Date of Monday, August 15. This fee will be added to the student’s account, and the student will be able to pay it online or at Student Account Services. The student will not be able to prepay this fee.
If the student becomes enrolled at UK during this contract period, the student must contact UK Campus Housing to switch their enrollment status.
Students living in Campus Housing are required to have a dining plan. If a plan is not chosen by 11:59 p.m. on July 17, the All Access White meal plan will be automatically added to your account. Please visit UK Dining to review resident meal plan options.
There are additional mandatory fees that BCTC students are responsible for paying. Each semester these additional fees are assessed to the student’s myUK account. These mandatory fees allow students access to all on campus amenities.