Due to the number of students wanting to live on campus this fall, the UK Campus Housing office is adjusting its room selection process for the remainder of this cycle to ensure the appropriate response to issues and questions.
Here are the details:
- The UK Campus Housing assignment team will work directly with students awaiting a room assignment.
- To ensure that we are continually monitoring available rooms at a moment's notice, we will temporarily disable the online room selection tool.
- The UK Campus Housing office will manually assign rooms based on the students’ date of application.
What is the current status of the housing process?
- Students who have completed a housing application by the June 1, 2022, deadline will receive a housing assignment.
- UK is working through changes that typically occur this time of year as students make their final confirmations or adjust their future plans.
- Within the next two weeks, you will hear from UK Campus Housing regarding your room assignment and how to access in the UK Campus Housing portal within myUK. We ask for your patience and understanding as we work through this process as quickly as possible.
What if I want to change the room I selected?
- Students may not receive their first choice of living arrangements. However, students may visit the Room Swap section within the UK Campus Housing portal in myUK to complete a form to let us know your preference.
- It is possible, though not guaranteed, that other students may withdraw from UK Campus Housing or choose a different living space.
- When this happens, some rooms may become available. The form within Room Swap allows students to submit their preferred assignment until 11:59 p.m. on July 17.
What is Room Selection?
Room selection gives you the opportunity to select a room for the 2022-23 academic year. Room types/options are based on availability.
How do I participate in Room Selection?
You will be given a time slot that will be used to select your room via the online application. This will be part of the application which you have already completed, accessible via the myUK portal and Living on Campus application.
Will I be participating in Room Selection?
Yes, you will participate in Room Selection if you have a completed housing application. In order for you to have a housing assignment, you must select your own room through the Room Selection process.
When will I participate in Room Selection?
Based on when you were admitted to the University and when you completed your housing application, you will be emailed a time slot stating which day and time you will participate in Room Selection. For those who accept an LLP offer, you will receive your Room Selection time slot on March 8th. For those who are not in an LLP, you will receive your Room Selection time slot on June 9th. We strongly encourage that you select your room space as close as to when your time slot opened so you can have optimal choices when selecting your room.
What if I don’t have a confirmed roommate?
If you do not have a confirmed roommate, others without a roommate will be able to see you in your room space. They can also see the profile information you submitted as part of your application, if you have chosen to display this information. This is how they can tell if they you might have some common interests and be good roommates.
I’m in an LLP, will my roommate also be in the LLP?
All LLP students are required to live with students in their same LLP.
What does "Hidden" mean?
When viewing students whose name appears within a bed space, you can hover your mouse to find out more information about that person. If they have chosen not to make their information public, the term “hidden” will appear when you hover your mouse over their name.
What if I have questions?
If you have any questions throughout the application process, including Room Selection and Room Swap, please call us at (859) 257-1866 or email us at email@example.com.