Tableau Server Login Prompt
When accessing a workbook on Tableau Server, you may receive the following prompt:
If you are using SAP HANA as one of your data sources, this problem is likely cased by the "incorrect" authentication type being selected at the time of publishing.
When a Tableau workbook is published to Tableau Server, you can publish the data it connects to as an integrated part of the workbook, or as separate, standalone data sources.
You must set the proper authentication type. To achieve this, follow these steps:
- In the Publish Workbook dialog box, go to the Data Sources area, which lists the workbook’s connections, and click Edit.
- In the Manage Data Sources popup, after you decide whether to publish the data source separately or as part of the workbook, select an authentication type* for each connection in the data source.
- To resolve this particular issue, it is recommended that you select Embedded password as the authentication type for the SAP HANA data source.
- Click the Publish button.**
* For information on the different authentication types, please refer to this Tableau user guide article: https://onlinehelp.tableau.com/current/pro/desktop/en-us/publishing_sharing_authentication.html
** For information on publishing a workbook to Tableau Server, please refer to this Tableau user guide article: https://onlinehelp.tableau.com/current/pro/desktop/en-us/publish_workbooks_howto.html