The goal of the University of Kentucky is to provide appropriate access to academic courses for students desiring to continue their education without seeking a degree. Non-degree status affords an opportunity for individuals to pursue lifelong learning without the structure of degree-seeking status and is consistent with the educational mission of the University.
Most non-degree students are considered "Lifelong Learners" and include the following groups:
- Donovan Scholars: Kentucky residents 65 years of age or older
- Students who have already earned degrees
- Non-traditional students who wish to begin their studies as non-degree
students in order to be considered for degree-seeking status later.
Other students eligible to enter the University in a non-degree status include:
- Visiting students from other colleges and universities
- High school students of exceptional ability
- Fall: August 1
- Spring: December 1
- Summer I: April 15
- Summer II: June 3
Non-Degree applicants must submit the following:
- UK Application for Undergraduate Admission
- Non-Refundable Application Processing Fee: Attach $50 in cash, check, or money order made payable to the University of Kentucky. Full-time UK
employees applying to take classes and who submit a copy of their UK staff card are not required to pay the processing fee.
- Transcripts: Attach an official high school transcript to the application. This transcript should reflect grades through at least six semesters of high school work. If you are a high school graduate, submit a complete official transcript including the date of graduation.
- Official transcripts and other documentation may be required. Contact the Office of Undergraduate Admission at (866) 900-4685 for more information.