2013 Summer I & II Residency Deadline: June 7, 2013
All residency applications and supporting documentation for both 2013 Summer Terms must be received by 4:30pm on Friday, June 7, 2013 to be considered. Please note that all items marked with an asterisk (*) must have accompanying documentation. Applications submitted with no supporting documentation will be not be reviewed.
Any applications received after this date will not be accepted.* *Section 12(3)(a) of the Classification of Residency for Admission and Tuition Purposes, provided by the Kentucky Council on Postsecondary Education states, “if a student fails to provide, by the date specified by the institution, information required by an institution in a determination of residency status, the student shall be notified that the review has been canceled and that a determination has been made.”
Fall 2013 Residency Deadline: September 20th
KRS 164.020(8) requires the Kentucky Council on Postsecondary Education to determine tuition and approve the minimum qualifications for admission to a state-supported postsecondary education institution and authorizes the Council to set different tuition amounts for residents of Kentucky and for nonresidents. This administrative regulation establishes the procedure and guidelines for determining the residency status of a student who is seeking admission to, and who is enrolled at, a state-supported postsecondary education institution.
View/print the Application for Residency Form
You may also view/print the residency policy.
Please send questions or comments to: Shelley Duncklee.
* Note: Documents in the PDF file format require Adobe Acrobat Reader software. It can be downloaded for free at Adobe.com.
Please note Section 3 “Determination of Residency Status: General Rules” of 13 KAR 2:045, “Determination of Residency Status for Admission and Tuition Assessment Purposes.”
ADMINISTRATIVE REGULATION 13 KAR 2:045E. DETERMINATION OF RESIDENCY STATUS FOR ADMISSION AND TUITION ASSESSMENT PURPOSES. RELATES TO: KRS Chapter 13B, 164.020, 164.030, 164A.330 STATUTORY AUTHORITY: KRS 164.020
NECESSITY, FUNCTION, AND CONFORMITY: KRS 164.020 requires the Council on Postsecondary Education to determine tuition and approve the minimum qualifications for admission to a state postsecondary education institution and authorizes the Council to set different tuition amounts for residents of Kentucky and for nonresidents. This administrative regulation establishes the procedure and guidelines for determining the residency status of a student who is seeking admission to, or who is enrolled at, a state-supported postsecondary education institution. Revised Effective April 2, 2010
For further information about residency, please contact: Office of Undergraduate Admission and University Registrar, 100 Funkhouser Building, University of Kentucky, Lexington KY 40506-0054, (859) 257-3256, FAX (859) 257-3823. Please send questions or comments to: Stephen Barnett
Policy subject to change without notice.
1. Print a copy of the form. If you are unable to view or print the form, you must contact the Office of Undergraduate Admission and University Registrar to have a form sent to you.
2. Completely fill in all the information on the form. Incomplete information may cause delays. Your signature must be notarized.
3. The deadline for residency reclassification requests is 30 calendar days after classes begin each semester. Upcoming residency application deadlines:
- 2012 Spring Semester – February 10, 2012
- 2012 Summer Terms – June 8, 2012
- 2012 Fall Semester – September 21, 2012
- 2013 Spring Semester – February 8, 2013
- 2013 Summer Terms – June 7, 2013
- 2013 Fall Semester - September 20, 2013
- 2014 Spring Semester – February 7, 2014
- 2014 Summer Terms – June 6, 2014
- 2014 Fall Term – September 19, 2014
- 2015 Spring Term – February 6, 2015
Return the completed form and all documentation to:
Office of Undergraduate Admission and University Registrar
University of Kentucky
100 Funkhouser Building
Lexington KY 40506-0054
Phone (859) 257-3256
FAX (859) 257-3823
Please send questions or comments to: email@example.com .
In accordance with Section 13(2) of 13KAR 2:045, the Residency Review Committee is established to consider appeals of residency determinations made by the Residency Officer. This committee will be convened provided that the student fulfills his/her obligation to request an appeal of their residency determination within 14 days of receipt of their decision letter. For more information regarding the Residency Review Committee, please contact the Shelley Duncklee, Residency Officer
For more information on appealing a residency decision, contact Shelley Duncklee .