Skip to main
University-wide Navigation

Student Information

Will teaching assistants (TAs) and graduate assistants (GAs) be required to work during this time?

TAs and GAs should communicate with their supervisors. All classes will be taught online or by another alternative delivery method. 

Student workers will be able to continue working at their on-campus jobs if they wish to do so. 

What should I do if I need to make changes to my student record?

Given the dynamic situation surrounding the coronavirus (COVID-19), students who need to make changes to their student record can do so by visiting this page.

Who can I talk to if I'm feeling stressed or overwhelmed?

If UK students ever feel overwhelmed or sad, or simply wish to talk to someone confidentially, they may contact the UK Counseling Center (859-257-8701) to speak to the on-duty counselor. UK employees can contact Work + Life Connections Counseling.

Where can I find more information on CARES Funding?

Visit this page for more information on CARES funding.

What can I do if I prefer to take my classes online?

If a student has a preference for fully online courses, the student should meet with their academic advisor to create a class schedule that maximizes remote delivery options where applicable for the individual student’s degree path.  Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the university has greatly expanded the number of courses that are fully online, and also added many options that are hybrid online (courses with a mixture of online and on-campus).

If a student has an eligible disability under Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act and the ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act) and this disability affects the types of courses the student can take, the student should provide medical documentation to the campus Disability Resource Center (DRC) and discuss possible accommodations on an individual basis.