UK Housing is committed to providing a transformative residential education. Inherent to this goal is the commitment to provide continuity in student support and to ensure health and well-being. Thus, in everything we do, we will prioritize health and safety within UK’s residence halls in alignment with CDC guidelines. Safety measures include a robust communication plan and a commitment to working with students to ensure their understanding of and adherence to policies.
- Safety measures emphasize social distancing and promote a clean environment.
- To that end, the university extended move-in days to meet social distancing guidelines and residence hall staff will receive ongoing education and communication regarding state and CDC health and safety guidelines.
- Additionally, signage located throughout the facilities communicates health and safety protocols.
- Students received a START kit with appropriate information, instructions and PPE. These kits were made available to students living off campus as well.
- Housing assignments align with health and safety protocols in terms of room capacity.
- Common areas remain open where possible to allow for student engagement and community building.
- The university is enforcing visitation policies consistent with health and safety protocols.
- Room assignments in residence halls may change to ensure UK meets appropriate CDC guidelines. The university will contact students should any changes occur.
- For Greek housing, the university is working with house cores to be consistent with health and safety protocols.