Protect. Respect. Do your part. Mask Up.
Ensuring the health, safety and well-being of all members of our community is our top priority. Below are updated guidelines for wearing a mask on campus.
- People who are vaccinated are not required to wear masks or face coverings in campus outdoor spaces or inside non-UK HealthCare campus buildings.
- Mask requirements for individuals who are not vaccinated will remain in place. In other words, individuals who are not vaccinated will be required to wear a mask or face covering when inside any campus facility, including recreation facilities. Individuals who are not vaccinated also should wear a mask outside if they are near other people.
- The best path forward, especially to maximize the safety of you and others, and to be able to take full advantage of all campus resources and privileges is to GET VACCINATED.
Individuals who haven't received the vaccine should mask up. Masks or face coverings should:
- Cover mouth and nose
- Fit snugly but comfortably
- Be secured with ties or ear loops
- Be made of multiple layers of fabric
- Allow for breathing without restriction
- Be able to be laundered and machine dried without damage or change to shape
To safely remove, grasp the mask by the ties or ear loops, and be careful not to touch eyes, nose, and mouth. Wash your face covering in a washing machine after each use, and wash your hands after removing from your face.