Authorization to Release RecordThis form is for use by students who wish to voluntarily consent to the release of their diploma, transcript, enrollment verification or letter of good standing to a designated individual. This form must be submitted to the Registrar's Office with a copy of a photo ID to be processed. Email completed form and documentation to Karri Gomez at or submit to the Registrar’s Office in 10 Funkhouser Building.

Duplicate Diploma Request Form - Used by students to request a duplicate diploma from the Registrar's Office. A duplicate diploma is requested for a number of reasons including: replacement of damaged or lost diplomas, name changes, or replica for academic/employment purposes​.

Legal Name Change Form - Government-issued documentation is required showing the new name requested.

Medical Documentation Form - When submitting a tuition appeal based on medical reasons, this form must be filled out by the student's medical provider and the required supporting documentation must be attached for the appeal to be considered. The form and documentation must be submitted directly from the medical provider's office to

"Pink Sheet" -- Request for Schedule Change Form - Authorized UK departments submit this form to the University Registrar. This form must be completed by a department when they want to: (a) change a course in the printed schedule, (b) create new sections for courses in the printed schedule, (c) drop a course or (d) change the credits, days, hour, building, or room number for a course.


The signed, completed forms are returned to: Registrar's Office, University of Kentucky, 12 Funkhouser Building, Lexington, KY 40506-0054


Before submitting this form, you must check with the Registrar's Office for room availability. 

(859) 257-4903 


Preferred Name Change Form - University of Kentucky allows a first and/or middle name to be used by students, faculty, and staff to indicate their preferred name to the university community regardless of whether they have legally changed their name. Legal last names can’t be changed with this form. Your preferred name will appear on your myUK portal and class rosters. Email completed form to or submit to the Registrar's Office in 10 Funkhouser Building.

FERPA Privacy Flag - Add/Remove - This form is used to add or remove a privacy flag to the student's record to prevent disclosure of "directory information" except to school officials with legitimate educational interests and certain others as specified by the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) of 1974. Completed form with a photo ID must be submitted to the Registrar's Office. 

Readmission for Degree Application - This is for previous students who have amassed enough credit hours to receive their Bachelor’s degree who just want to apply for a degree for a future term. If you have taken additional courses at another college or university and want to transfer in those hours, you will also want to use this form, as well as request an official transcript to be sent to the Office of Admissions. The form needs to go to your college advising unit so they can verify that you have completed all degree requirements.

Please contact Michelle Mossey at if you have any questions.

Request to Remove AP-IB Credit - This form is used to remove course credit awarded through the Advanced Placement (AP) and International Baccalaureate (IB) programs. By doing so, you will lose the earned hours for the credit awarded. The UK course will replace the AP/IB credit in terms of earned hours, GPA, and Dean's List calculation.

Residency Appeal Application and List of Needed Supporting Documentation - This form is used to appeal a student's current status of residency for tuition purposes. A completed, notarized application along with supporting documentation must be submitted to the Residency Officer. 

Special Departmental Exam Form - Undergraduate students requesting a special examination must apply in writing to the chairperson of the department that offers the course. Graduate students should apply to the director of graduate studies in the department offering the course. Applicants should include evidence that they are reasonably prepared for the examination. These examinations are prepared and administered by the offering department, and are usually equivalent to a final examination. Students must be enrolled and in good standing at UK. The examinations are offered without charge. Almost any course offered at the University is available for credit by special examination, regardless of whether a student has audited the course, is currently enrolled in it, or has studied it independently. Please note, most elementary and intermediate foreign language courses are not available on the basis of a special examination.

More information is available in the Academic Requirements section of the UK Bulletin.

Transcript Request Form - Students use this form for Transcript Requests. It is submitted to the Registrar's Office. 

Tuition Appeal Form - The tuition appeals form is provided for students who feel that tuition and fee charges for a particular term were unwarranted. Reasons for uses of the form can be for medical, financial, or personal hardships the student encounters during the term in question. Appeals are required to be accompanied by supporting documentation before a decision can be provided. 

Effective August 1, 2019 - Paper tuition appeals will no longer be accepted. A tuition appeal must be submitted online.