Official transcripts can be sent electronically. If your transcript needs to be there overnight, check to see if the receiver can accept an electronic transcript. This will save you the cost of overnight mail delivery. This service is only available through the "Order Official Transcript" tab. 



If you have a financial delinquency, University of Kentucky will place a hold on your account and your transcript request will not be processed until the delinquency has been cleared. If you have a hold, please contact our office. 

The Campus Attitudes Toward Safety (C.A.T.S.) survey is required of current and graduating students prior to the release of an official transcript. 


Ordering Official Transcripts 


University of Kentucky uses the National Student Clearinghouse to process our online transcript requests. This service is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, allows you to track your order, and ensures the security of your information and payment. Students with myUK portal access should click on the "myRecords" tab to order official transcripts online.

If you ordered your transcript online, you may track your request online at using the tracking number you received in your confirmation email. 


In Person -- Temporarily Discontinued

You may request transcripts at the Registrar's Office, 10 Funkhouser Building, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. If you attended UK prior to 1988, these requests may take longer to process because your records are on microfilm. For all others, we can normally process your request immediately. Please bring the following with you:

  • Picture ID
  • $10.00 per transcript, payable by cash, check, money order or credit card
  • If mailing transcript, USPS First Class Delivery is included in the $10 transcript charge. There is an additional charge for expedited delivery. 

Please note that University of Kentucky is closed most holidays and during the break between Christmas and New Years. If you need to request a transcript when UK is closed, you may order online.


By Mail -- Temporarily Discontinued

To order by mail, print the form below, complete the information requested, sign the request and mail to the address listed on the form. Submitting requests without adequate information will cause a delay in processing. Please be sure to include a check or money order made payable to University of Kentucky that covers the cost of each transcript ordered. The cost is $10.00 per transcript and inlcudes USPS First Class Delivery. There is an additional charge if expedited delivery is needed. Please do not fax this request. If you wish to pay by credit card, you may order online.


Print the blank form, fill in using pen, then sign the form. 
Transcript Request Form


College of Medicine or College of Dentistry 

Transcripts must be ordered directly from those colleges. For more information, visit - 


Community College or Fort Knox Records

Students who have attended any of the Kentucky community colleges (KCTCS) should contact the college they attended, even if the college was part of University of Kentucky at the time they attended.

UK maintains the academic records for students who attended Northern Community College through 1972. Students who attended after 1972 should contact Northern Kentucky University for their records.

UK maintains the academic records for students who attended Fort Knox through 1988. Students who attended after that time should contact Elizabethtown Community and Technical College.