MPS or Managed Print Services is a service offered by an external provider, Ricoh, to analyze and manage document output devices to reduce the total cost of ownership (including expenses for supplies, maintenance, and energy) and improve efficiency and productivity within the university.
- Equipment, toner supplies, preventive maintenance, parts and repair
- Guaranteed service level response times
- Detailed account usage and simplified billing utilizing a cost per page model
- Equipment upscaling and downscaling flexibility
- Ease of managing contract terms and conditions
“With this program, everyone in the UK community can play a part in reducing costs and ensuring sustainability. We can make a big impact by analyzing and managing the way we print."
-Bill Harris, University of Kentucky Purchasing Director
"Following the steps UK MPS has provided in the assessment phase of the MPS project made this process easy to implement with minimal effort while providing the Libraries with the best possible picture of our current printing practices and needs. Ricoh's assessment has laid a firm foundation for an efficient, effective and economical printing plan for the UK Libraries into the future."
-Kelly Vickery, Director of Library Infrastructure & Systems