EEAA (Employee Education Assistance Award)
Employee Educational Assistance Award
The UK Women's Forum Educational Assistance Award will provide a $250 reimbursement to eligible UK employees to assist with the cost of books and/or other materials, supplies, and fees related to their UK coursework, complementing the existing tuition waiver program (Employee Education Program [EEP]) for UK employees.
Applicants must be regular full-time employees (0.75 FTE and greater).
Applicants must have submitted an EEP form.
Applicants must be currently enrolled in University of Kentucky classes,a minimum of 6 credit hours for Fall and Spring semesters, excluding independent study program courses (minimum number of hours is waived for the summer semester).
Previously enrolled students are required to have a cumulative grade point average of 2.0 or better. First time college enrollees are encouraged to apply.
Applicants are required to take all courses for a letter grade unless the course is offered only as Pass/Fail.
Employees taking classes through EEP at any educational institution aside from the University of Kentucky cannot be considered for this award.
The UK Women's Forum Educational Assistance Award is a competition in which applications will be evaluated and ranked by committee members. The decisions of the selection committee are final. The committee will consider the applicant's:
1) Essay describing how this award will support the applicant's educational and career goals;
2) Financial need, as demonstrated in the essay;
3) Biographical sketch;
4) Cumulative college grade point average (if applicable)
Current members of the UK Women's Forum Board are ineligible for awards.
Fall 2019 Application Timeline:
- Application open August 5, 2019
- Deadline for applications August 26, 2019
- Check for 6 credit hours, EEP & 2.0 GPA September 3, 2019
- Review Applications September 3, 2019 – September 6, 2010
- Send Awardee Emails/Letters September 19, 2019
Spring 2020 Application Timeline:
- Application open December 26, 2019
- Deadline for applications January 13, 2020
- Check for 6 credit hours, EEP & 2.0 GPA January 21, 2020
- Review Applications January 21, 2020 – January 24, 2020
- Send Awardee Emails/Letters February 6, 2020
Summer 2020 Application Timeline:
- Application open April 21, 2020
- Deadline for applications May 19, 2020
- Check for enrollment, EEP & 2.0 GPA May 26, 2020
- Review Applications May 26, 2020 – May 29, 2020
- Send Awardee Emails/Letters June 12, 2020