EEAA (Employee Education Assistance Award)
The UK Women's Forum Educational Assistance Award will provide a $250 reimbursement to eligible UK employees to assist with the cost of books and/or other materials, supplies, and fees related to their UK coursework, complementing the existing tuition waiver program (Employee Education Program [EEP]) for UK employees.
Applicants must be regular full-time employees (0.75 FTE and greater).
Applicants must have submitted an Employee Education Program (EEP) form. More information about EEP is available here.
Applicants must be currently enrolled in University of Kentucky classes, a minimum of 6 credit hours for each the Fall and Spring semesters, excluding independent study program courses (minimum number of hours is waived for the summer semester).
Previously enrolled students are required to have a cumulative grade point average of 2.0 or better. First time college enrollees are encouraged to apply.
Applicants are required to take all courses for a letter grade unless the course is offered only as Pass/Fail.
Employees taking classes through EEP at any educational institution aside from the University of Kentucky cannot be considered for this award.
The UK Women's Forum Educational Assistance Award is a competition in which applications will be evaluated and ranked by committee members. The decisions of the selection committee are final. The committee will consider the applicant's:
1) Essay describing how this award will support the applicant's educational and career goals;
2) Financial need, as demonstrated in the essay;
3) Biographical sketch;
4) Cumulative college grade point average (if applicable)
Current members of the UK Women's Forum Board are ineligible for awards.
Fall 2020 Application Timeline:
- September 2, 2020 Application open
- September 23, 2020 Deadline for applications
- September 25, 2020 Check for enrollment, EEP & 2.0 GPA
- October 5, 2020 Application Review
- TBA Send Awardee Emails/Letters