Equivalences/Transfer Info

AP / CLEP / IB Credit
Some students may earn UK Core credit based on examinations taken in high school such as through the Advanced Placement Program (AP), College Level Examination Program (CLEP), or the International Baccalaureate Program (IB). The Office of the Registrar provides information for these and other prior learning assessments on their website at http://www.uky.edu/Admission/content/ap-ib-dual-credit.

Transfer Credit
The Transfer Admissions office also works with students regarding transfer equivalency credit for courses taken at a different institution. Information on transfer equivalency or transfer credit can be found at http://www.uky.edu/registrar/transfer-equivalency.

UK Core Exceptions Request
The UK Core Education Committee (UKCEC) has established a subcommittee to process exception requests according to the policies found at this link: UK Core Exceptions Subcommittee.

If you have taken a course at UK or elsewhere that is not a designated UK Core you may petition the General Education Exceptions Committee to grant an exception to allow the course to satisfy a UK Core requirement by clicking here and completing the form.

UK Core to USP (University Studies Program) Area Mapping
There are a number of UK Core courses that can also fulfill USP requirements for students enrolled at UK prior to the implementation of UK Core (Fall 2011). The list of approved UK Core courses and their equivalent USP area can be found at this link. Please be aware that the Arts & Creativity courses in UK Core do not convert to a USP area.

Composition and Communication
Click this link for information for students entering Fall 2015 and beyond.