As a premier professional internship experience, the WilDCats at the Capitol program establishes high standards for our interns. To apply for the internship, please see the below criteria.
- The student must be in good-standing with the University of Kentucky, pursuant to the University's Academic and Student Life rules.
- If the participant is not a United States citizen, they are able to receive an internship with many non-profit organizations. Members of Congress have broad discretion to determine who works in their offices, but different laws, rules and considerations may apply to a noncitizen's potential service, based on the individual's status, particularly if the individual receives pay.
- In addition to the online application, the student must submit a resume, transcript and one letter of recommendation from a UK faculty member.
- If accepted as an intern, the student is required to participate in all orientations.
- Prior to applying, students are strongly encouraged to visit the University of Kentucky's Career Center for feedback on their resume.