Resources for UK Faculty and Staff and Their Spouses or Sponsored Dependents
UK Health & Wellness Tobacco Cessation
We offer free Tobacco Cessation Coaching by Tobacco Treatment Specialists (TTS) to help you successfully quit tobacco. Free Nicotine Replacement Therapy (NRT) and prescription cessation medication with no copay from a healthcare provider is also available to eligible participants enrolled in this program.
Click here to learn more about Tobacco Cessation and to schedule an appointment. A Certified Tobacco Treatment Specialist will contact you to get started! You will work with your TTS to:
- Establish a tailored treatment plan just for you, including counseling and medication.
- Identify factors that can make it challenging to quit and get personalized support to address your concerns.
- Get information and support throughout the tobacco treatment process, including treating relapse and exploring tools to help you stay quit.
- Get free nicotine replacement patches, gum, and lozenges.
Employees and their spouses/sponsored dependents may participate. UK retirees and their spouses/sponsored dependents may also participate.
Our goal is to offer the best in evidence-based treatment and to reduce barriers to the quitting process. Quitting tobacco is the single best thing you can do for your health in your lifetime and we can help! We provide a variety of formats to tailor to your needs without limits on how many times you can access services. We personalize your quit plan and offer:
Phone or In-person counseling with a Health Coach
- Jackie Hanson CTTS
Intensive individual treatment with a Nurse Practitioner
- Audrey Darville APRN, CTTS
BeQuit group classes with easy access at KY Clinic South
Recommendations, referrals and collaboration with your healthcare provider
Additional UK Counseling Resources
- UK Work + Life Connections - This office offers assessments, voluntary, confidential counseling; education and referral to UK employees. Visits are FREE and limited to 5 times per year. Located 203 Breckinridge Hall.
- UK REFER – Offers individual and family assessments. Provides counseling for personal, couple or family concerns. Located 2015 Scovell Hall.