Resources for UK Students and Their Spouses
The following is a full list of resources available to students to help stop using tobacco or manage cravings if you choose to do so:
University Health Service ** - - Individual tobacco cessation sessions and email coaching are available through the iQuit program to help students be successful in quitting tobacco. We can help you explore options, including medications and behavior changes, and pick strategies that work for you! Services are offered to full-time and part-time UK students who have paid their health fee. UK undergraduate and graduate level students and their spouses, who are covered by student health insurance plan, are also eligible for these services and may receive Nicotine Replacement Therapy (NRT patches and/or gum) at NO COST. Call (859) 323-APPT (2778) or email email@example.com.
For additional information about the iQuit program:
- Visit the University Health Service online
- Follow us on Twitter @UHSPAWS
- Like the UHS Facebook page @UKstudenthealth
UK Counseling Center ** - Various counseling formats are offered to help with tobacco cessation, reducing tobacco use, and managing stress and cravings. Students must be enrolled at UK for at least 6 credit hours to be eligible for services and to receive NRT (patches and/or gum) at NO COST. (859) 257-8701.
OFF CAMPUS RESOURCES
- Tobacco Free U - Offers college students free online information, guides, and resources related to tobacco and quitting tobacco use.
- My Last Dip - MyLastDip is a free Web-based intervention that is designed to help young smokeless tobacco users quit.
- Kill the Can - This website offers free resources and tools to help dip, snuff, and chewing tobacco users quit. Along with useful information, it offers a support forum and a live quit chat room.
- Become an Ex - The EX plan teaches you how to re-learn life without cigarettes in 3 steps - all geared to help make the seemingly impossible possible.
- Freedom from Smoking® Online Program - On-line program from the American Lung Association consisting of seven modules, each containing four lessons, to assist you in quitting tobacco. Participants are also encouraged to participate in message boards to give and receive support as they go through the quit process.
There’s an app for that: -
- Check out these apps to help you quit.
- NCI QuitPal is a free smartphone app to support smokers working to become smoke-free. This interactive app is developed using proven quit strategies and tools to help change behavior and assist you with giving up smoking.
- Smokefree Teen QuitSTART is another free smartphone app to help track your cravings and moods, monitor your progress, identify your smoking triggers, and upload personalized “pick me ups” and reminders to use during challenging times to help you successfully become and stay smokefree."