Accounting and Financial Reporting
Location: 371 Peterson Service Building 0005
Phone: (859) 257-8889
Fax: (859) 257-6236
In Accounting and Financial Reporting, we are responsible for the University’s financial reporting and coordination of the annual external audit for the University and its affiliated corporations. We assist the campus community with accounting related compliance and regulation issues; we create and maintain the University’s chart of accounts; and we file monthly state sales tax returns and annual federal 990/990T tax returns.
Additionally, we process journal vouchers for non-grant related transactions and process requests for stop payments and voiding of checks, as well as prepare monthly bank reconciliations.
|Gwen Conley||Accounting and Financial Reporting Director||(859) 257-6235|
|Annetta Carter||Cash & Financial Reporting Manager||(859) 257-6245|
|Robbie Dials||Financial Reporting Analyst||(859) 257-6243|
|Amy Quire||Master Data Coordinator||(859) 257-2949|
|Crystal Bostic||Bank Reconciliation Associate||(859) 257-8638|
|Farishta McCourt||Cash Accountant||(859) 257-6244|
|Andrew Buskirk||Staff Support & Check Inquiry Associate||(859) 257-8889|
- 2017-2018 Year-End Closing Schedule (PDF)
- RPA Code Instructions (DOC)
- University Departmental Codes(xlsx)
- Accounting and Financial Reporting JV Hints (PDF)
- Sales Tax Questionnaire (DOC)
- UBIT Questionnaire (DOC)
General Ledger Accounts
Questions and Answers
Email ControlDesk@uky.edu or call (859) 257-8889 .
Generally, if the vendor name and address on the check are correct, a stop payment cannot be placed on the check until 10 business days have passed. This delay gives the vendor ample time to receive the check through the mail.
For questions concerning checks with incorrect vendor names or addresses or any other questions about stop payments, please email ControlDesk@uky.edu or call (859) 257-8889 .
Verify that the check has been issued using one of the following transactions. Note the date of the check, the check number, and the amount.
- Search for payment by vendor name:
- FBL1N (Vendor Line Item Display) – Search for vendor number information by name and review payments made to the vendor for any selected time frame.
- FK10N (Vendor Balance Display) – Search for vendor number by name and review payments made to the vendor by fiscal year.
- Search for payment by invoice number or PRD number:
- FB03 (Display Document) – Search for vendor payments using the invoice number or assigned document number.
- Search for payment by cost object:
- KSB1 (Display Actual Cost Line Items for Cost Centers) – Search for vendor payments made against a cost center for any selected time frame.
- S_PLN_16000269 (Grants Management: Line Item Display) – Search for vendor payments made against a WBS element for any selected time frame.
- FMRP_RFFMEP1AX (Document Journal) – Search for vendor payments made against any cost object for any selected time frame.
If the check has been issued, email ControlDesk@uky.edu to verify that the check is outstanding, to obtain a copy of the paid check, or to place a stop payment on the check.
If the check has not been issued, contact the appropriate Accounts Payable Services personnel.
This could happen for several reasons including, but not limited to, the following: a stop payment may have been requested, duplicate checks may have been issued, or two vendor payments may have been combined in error into one check. Email ControlDesk@uky.edu with specific questions.
Call the Purchasing Division at (859) 257-9100.
Questions about Unrelated Business Taxable Income (UBTI) should be directed to Gwen Conley at (859) 257-6235 .
Click on this link for instructions: BW Reports/Detail Transaction Reports Display
- For questions about a specific item on your report, contact the department that initiated the transaction. For help in determining the initiating department, follow this link to view the list on the EAG Website.
- If you still have a problem with the item, contact Amy Quire at (859) 257-2949 .
- For help understanding BW reports/detail transaction reports, contact your Area Business Officer. Instruction and simulation are also available on the EAG Website.
- For AFRS documents only, contact Crystal Bostic at (859) 257-6632 .
- For RFS documents only, contact Jeff Lyons at (859) 257-3662 .
- For PRD, Purchase Orders and TRIP documents please reference Accounts Payable Services Quick Reference Cards
- For Cash Receipts, contact Treasury Services at (859) 257-1983 .
- For regular monthly billings such as Communications, Duplicating, etc., contact the billing department to request a copy of the document. The Document Types and Numbers will help you determine which department to contact.
- For HOSP documents only; contact Phil Trisler in Hospital Accounting
- For monthly accruals, contact your Area Business Officer
- For year-end accruals, contact Lora Dials at (859) 257-6604 .
Transaction Code ZGL_TRBR1_FUND in SAP displays the current account balances. If you need help interpreting what you see in SAP, contact your Area Business Officer.
Please contact your Area Business Officer to determine how much, if any, fund balance is returned.
- For UK cost centers, contact your Area Business Officer or reference the cost/funds center request form.
- For student or non-UK professional organization agency cost centers, reference the Business Procedures Manual E-17-14 and the agency cost center form. For all other questions, contact your Area Business Officer.
For general ledger accounts (assets, liabilities, revenues, expenses, recharges and transfers), contact your Area Business Officer or reference the account request form.
1129’ cost objects (agency cost centers) are generally blocked for two reasons:
- The account has a zero or a deficit balance. To clear a deficit in a 1129' cost center, make a deposit at Treasury Services, Room 356 Service Building, 0005. If you have questions regarding the amount of the deficit or the charges that created the deficit, contact Amy Quire at (859) 257-2949 .
- The account has an expired ending date. Contact your Area Business Officer about procedures for re-activating an expired account.
For other cost objects, contact your Area Business Officer.