Dr. Johnson received his Doctor of Physical Therapy degree from Bellarmine University in 2004. After practicing as a staff physical therapist at Cardinal Hill Rehabilitation Hospital, he returned to school and completed his Doctor of Philosophy degree at the University of Kentucky in 2012. Dr. Johnson received his Ph.D. in Anatomy and Neurobiology.
- Cardiorespiratory fitness and brain health
- Successful aging through lifestyle modification
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging
- Diffusion Tensor Imaging
- Arterial Spin Labeling
- Preventive medicine through lifestyle modification
- Functional anatomy
- Anatomy of the central nervous system
- Anatomical atlases for students and clinicians
- Team-Based Learning (TBL) in the classroom
Dr. Johnson enjoys cycling, camping, hiking and just about any outdoor pursuit when he is not engaged in research and teaching (which is 99.999999999% of the time).