Dr. Lauren Erickson is an assistant professor in the Department of Physical Therapy within the College of Health Sciences and a clinician within the BioMotion Laboratory. Dr. Erickson leads the clinical aspects for the ongoing clinical trials within the BioMotion Laboratory, and is the coordinator and lead physical therapist for the Runner’s Clinic at the University of Kentucky. They are a Board-Certified Sports Clinical Specialist (SCS) through the American Board of Physical Therapy Specialties and a Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (CSCS) through the National Strength and Conditioning Association.
- PhD, University of Kentucky
- SCS, University of Wisconsin - Madison
- DPT, Mayo Clinic School of Health Sciences
- BS, Northern Arizona University
- Bone stress injuries
- Running-related injuries
- Anterior cruciate ligament injuries
- Lower extremity biomechanics
- Patellofemoral pain
For more about Dr. Erickson’s and the BioMotion Laboratory’s research, visit the BioMotion Laboratory’s website.
- Functional anatomy
- Kinematics and kinetics
- Walking and running mechanics
- Evidence informed practice
Dr. Erickson enjoys biking, hiking, rock climbing and pretty much any other outdoor adventure. You can usually spot them riding their bike throughout town day or night.