- Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion
Application and Admission Process
1. Individuals applying for admission must hold a professional or post-professional master’s degree. Eligibility for licensure or clinical certification in Communication Sciences & Disorders, Athletic Training, Occupational Therapy, or Physical Therapy is encouraged, but not required for admission into the program. Those with basic science graduate degrees and interests are also welcomed to apply and will be considered equally for admission. Acceptance into the program is dependent upon identifying and matching your area of research interest with an RHB faculty member willing to serve as your doctoral studies program mentor.
2. Applicants must apply to the University of Kentucky Graduate School.
3. Application deadline for Fall Admission to the Rehabilitation Sciences Doctoral Program is June 1.
(See the Graduate School website for Graduate School application timelines.)
4. Applicants must submit the following materials:
5. Applicants will be asked to interview with faculty members as a part of the application process.
6. Because we believe that a successful doctoral experience depends on faculty guidance, an RHB Doctoral Program Faculty Member must agree to serve as an applicant’s primary mentor before an applicant can be accepted into the program.
For Graduate School application materials, click here.
For more information contact:
Esther Dupont-Versteegden, PhD
Director, Rehabilitation Sciences Doctoral Program
University of Kentucky College of Health Sciences
210E Charles T. Wethington Jr. Building
900 South Limestone Street
Lexington, KY 40536-0200
Phone (859) 218-0592
Thank you for your interest in the RHB Doctoral Program!