The Department Standards and Progression Committee requires all students requesting a Letter of Recommendation to submit the following materials using the form below, as well as participate in a face-to-face interview with Committee members.
*Please note: Interviews may not be offered more than once a month during the Fall & Spring semesters*
- Professional Letter of Intent/Statement of Purpose
- Up-to-date Curriculum Vitae/Resume
- College Transcript (Unofficial Transcript is fine)
Once the materials are received and reviewed by the Committee, you will be contacted regarding the next available interview date. A face-to-face interview will not only allow the faculty to ask you targeted questions to get to know more about your goals, but will also provide you with critical interview practice by utilizing standard graduate and professional interview questions. After the interview, the Committee will make a decision on a level of recommendation.
Additional Important Information:
- Requests and supporting material must be received well in advance of your application deadline. The Committee only meets for interviews once a month during the Fall & Spring semesters, and all interview appointment slots are first come, first served.
- Fall 2019 Interview Dates:
- Friday, September 13th
- Monday, September 23rd
- Monday, October 14th
- Monday, November 11th
- Monday, November 18th
- Monday, December 9th
- Tuesday, December 10th
- For students that anticipate a summer deadline (prior to September), you will need to meet with the Committee no later than May. The Committee does not meet for interviews during the summer.
- Required attire is Business Professional.
- It is the student’s responsibility to monitor Letter of Recommendation deadlines.
- After the interview, all letter requests must be initiated through the Common Application System for your desired program. We cannot submit the Letter of Recommendation until this step has been completed.
For questions regarding the Letter of Recommendation process and timeline, please e-mail Natalie Rapchak at Natalie.firstname.lastname@example.org