How do I request access to EGATS?
Access to EGATS can be requested by completing the EGATS Role Request Form. Once the form is complete, please route it to one of the following for approval.
- Unit Business Office roles – send to Area Business Officer
- Philanthropy roles – send to Assistant VP for Philanthropy
When the form is approved by the Area Business Officer or the Assistant VP for Philanthropy, it will be sent to Endowment and Gift Accounting at firstname.lastname@example.org for processing.
How often is the data updated in EGATS?
EGATS data is updated each morning from the Faculty Database, SAP, and RADAR. Therefore, any changes that occur in one of those systems will be available in EGATS the following day.
Where can I find definitions of general endowment or gift terms?
Refer to the Endowment Reference link to see a list of endowment and gift terminology.
What is a supported purpose in EGATS?
A supported purpose in EGATS is related to the use of the spending distributions generated by the endowment fund. The supported purpose would correlate to the spending distribution cost center in SAP. For example, an endowment agreement that has three separate uses of scholarship, fellowship and research would have three different supported purposes.
Will donor information be available in EGATS?
Donor information will not be available in EGATS. This information is only accessible through the UK Philanthropy database Millennium or RADAR due to donor confidentiality requirements. For questions regarding donor information, please contact Nikki Russell in UK Philanthropy at email@example.com or 859-257-3914.
Who is responsible for the faculty appointment information in EGATS?
The appropriate Dean’s Office is responsible for the chair and professorship appointment data that links to EGATS from the Faculty Database. For questions or comments regarding this information, please contact the Office of Faculty Advancement at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How do I run a report for all of my department's endowment funds?
Refer to the Quick Reference Guide EGATS – Running Endowment Fund Reports to see specific information that is included in the report in EGATS and how to filter, sort, and view the report. Please note that financial data related to the endowment fund or supported purposes should be accessed through SAP reporting tools such as Tableau.
How do I export data from EGATS?
Refer to Page 6 of the Quick Reference Guide EGATS – Running Endowment Fund Reports.
Is it possible to add notations in EGATS?
If a user has “edit” access, notes can be added to the fund or supported purposes in EGATS. Users with “view” only roles do not have access to make notes in EGATS.
What is the difference between the two Note types “Comment” and “Action Required”?
- A Comment is a note from a user who wants to add information related to the endowment fund or cost center. For example, the note may state that the spending distribution is being held for two years in order to purchase a piece of equipment at the end of the second year.
- An Action Required note is added by a user to indicate that a specific action should be taken. For example, a user may add a note that active recruitment for the professorship should begin in March 20xx.
What is the verbatim purpose of the endowment and how do I access it?
The Verbatim from Document purpose in EGATS contains the entire written donor purpose as it appears in the governing document for the endowment fund. Refer to the Quick Reference Guide EGATS – Supported Purpose Review for information on how to access the verbatim purpose.
What is the summary of the endowment’s purpose and how do I access it?
The Summary for Reporting purpose in EGATS is a brief synopsis of the donor’s purpose in the endowment agreement and is used primarily for donor relations. Refer to the Quick Reference Guide EGATS – Supported Purpose Review for information on how to access the summary purpose.
What is the purpose explanation and how do I access it?
The Purpose Explanation in EGATS is added to endowments with complex or unusual agreement terms. The explanation clarifies the terms of the agreement to better assist campus with the utilization of the endowment funds. Refer to the Quick Reference Guide EGATS – Supported Purpose Review for information on how to access the purpose explanation.
A donor has asked for management fee rates for the past five years. Is this information available in EGATS?
Historical data related to the management fee rates in previous years is available in EGATS on the FI Data – Fund menu option for any endowment fund. The Shares and History table will show the Management Fee Rate for fiscal years 2009 to present.
How do I view a supported purpose’s budget and actual information in EGATS?
The endowment fund’s supported purpose’s budget and actual information can be found in the FI Data – Cost Center tab, under the Supported Purpose tab in EGATs. Refer to Page 7 of the Quick Reference Guide EGATS – Supported Purpose Review. To view this information in SAP, use the transaction GR55 – Execute Report Group, enter the Report Group Z100 and execute. Then enter the fiscal year and cost center you wish to view, then execute again.
How do I view an endowment’s Market Value in EGATS?
The endowment fund’s Market Value can be found on the FI Data – Fund tab in EGATS. Refer to Page 3 of the Quick Reference Guide EGATS – Financial Data.
How do I view an endowment’s Contributed Value in EGATS?
The endowment fund’s Contributed Value can be found on the FI Data – Fund tab in EGATS. Refer to Page 3 of the Quick Reference Guide EGATS – Financial Data.
How do I see the spending distribution I have available to spend in EGATS?
- The endowment fund’s spending distribution available to spend can be found on the FI Data – Fund tab in EGATS. Refer to Page 3 of the Quick Reference Guide EGATS – Financial Data.
- The endowment fund’s spending distribution cost center balance can be found in the FI Data – Cost Center tab, under the Supported Purpose tab in EGATs. Refer to Page 7 of the Quick Reference Guide EGATS – Supported Purpose Review.
- To find the spending distribution available to spend in SAP on the endowment fund 07*, use the transaction ZGL_TRBR1_CUM – Endowment Trial Balance on the line “Spending Distribution Reinvested Available to Spend”. This is the amount that can be transferred via journal voucher to the spending distribution cost center associated with the endowment.
- To find the spending distribution cost center balance, use the transaction KSB1 – Cost Centers: Actual Line Items in SAP. Enter the cost center number beginning with 1215XXXXXX and enter the Posting Dates and execute. If the cost center has a cumulative credit balance, these are the cost center funds that are available to spend in accordance with the endowment spending policy.
How do I know when the threshold should be met for a term endowment?
To see if the term endowment has met the threshold, check if the contributed value listed in the FI Data – Fund tab has met the threshold amount listed in the terms and conditions of the endowment agreement, which can be found in the Document tab in EGATS. If the contributed value has met the threshold amount on or before the Endowment Term date, also found in the FI Data – Fund tab, the term endowment can be converted to a true endowment.