For UK updates about COVID-19, please click see below.
Location: 301 Peterson Service Building
Contact: Patty Brophy, Travel Services Director - (859) 257-1284
Travel Services is here to ensure UK's designated travel vendors AAA Corporate Travel Services, Concur Travel, and Avant Travel provide cost effective and efficient travel arrangements for official University business travel, and to deliver good customer service and support to all University employees.
AAA Corporate Travel Services
- (859) 323-5354, (800) 354-4514
- Domestic Travel Agents – email@example.com
- International Travel Agents – firstname.lastname@example.org
Avant Travel (859) 233-0000
Concur Login - HelpDesk (877) 463-0543
Fax: (859) 257-4805
UPDATE 6/13/22: International Travel
Effective 6/12/22, the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) no longer requires travelers from a foreign country to the United States to show a negative COVID-19 viral test or documentation of recovery from COVID-19 before they board their flight to the United States. For more information, see Rescission: Requirement for Negative Pre-Departure COVID-19 Test Result or Documentary of Recovery from COVID-19 for all Airline or Other Aircraft Passengers Arriving into the United States from Any Foreign Country.
UPDATE 4/29/22: International Travel
International travelers must obtain written approval to travel prior to incurring travel expenses at the level required by the college, division, department or granting agency, consistent with UK Business Procedures Manual E-5-1 Reimbursement of Travel Expenses. Following are new guidelines that will apply to all official University international travel by faculty and staff:
Domestic Travel - Domestic travel must be approved by the traveler's supervisor. UK strongly encourages members of our community to be fully vaccinated before traveling. If you are fully vaccinated, you can travel safely within the United States without additional testing or quarantine requirements. Please see CDC Domestic Travel During COVID-19 for more details and follow the guidance about vaccinated and unvaccinated travelers.
Domestic & International Travel for UK HealthCare is currently following the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) guidelines for travel. With approval, travelers can travel domestically and internationally. See the CDC guidelines for International Travel and Domestic Travel.
Guidance for Cancelled Flight when Employee is in Travel Status - With the massive amount of flight cancellations currently happening due to COVID-19 and weather issues, this guidance is to ensure our travelers are taken care of if their flights are cancelled before or while in travel status. Please review the guidance below:
- If you purchased your ticket through UK designated travel vendor AAA or Concur at 859-323-5354 or Avant Travel at 859-233-0000, please call the respective agency 24/7 and an agent will be glad to re-accommodate you.
- If your canceled ticket credit is not used for your new ticket at that time, AAA or Avant will advise you of the rules to use the credit for future travel or if the airline will refund the cancelled portion of the ticket instead.
- If your flight is cancelled when you are at the airport, you may be instructed to stand in line and the airline gate agent will re-accommodate you. If so, while in line, go ahead and call either AAA or Avant and by talking to an agent you may get serviced quicker.
- If you purchased your ticket through an alternate vendor (e.g. Delta.com, Expedia, Fly Away Travel), then you will need to call the vendor/airline directly to assist you.
- If your canceled ticket credit is not used for your new ticket at that time, the agent should be able to advise you how to use the credit for future travel or if the airline will refund the canceled portion of the ticket instead.
- If your flight is cancelled when you are at the airport, you will need to be re-accommodated by one of the respective airline agents on site.
- Following standard protocol for sponsored projects, refunds for airfare purchased on sponsored projects must be applied to the account where the expense originated. If unused ticket credits for cancelled airfare purchased on a sponsored project will not be utilized for that sponsored project, the originating airfare expense must be removed.
REAL ID to be Required by Airport Security beginning May 3, 2023:
Current Kentucky licenses/permits/personal ID card versions may be used for domestic air travel until REAL ID enforcement begins on May 3, 2023.
- Per drive.ky.gov, a REAL ID is a federally-compliant card that serves as a license/permit/personal ID and can be used at airport security to board commercial flights within the U.S. when enforcement begins May 3, 2023.
- Besides the REAL ID, the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) will accept other documentation at airport security as well, such as a valid, unexpired passport and passport card. Visit www.tsa.gov for a complete list of acceptable air travel documentation.