Travel Services - Vendor Discounts
Below are the airline discounts established for University business travelers. These discounts are unpublished and only available through Travel Services vendors AAA Corporate Travel, Concur, and Avant Travel.
- Delta Air Lines: Point-of-purchase discounts off several domestic and international qualifying airfares on Delta Airlines and their partners KLM Royal Dutch Airlines, Air France, Alitalia, Virgin Atlantic Airways, and Virgin Australia. Added value savings for priority boarding, seat upgrades, travel exceptions, etc.
- United Airlines: Point-of-purchase discount off several domestic and international qualifying airfares on United Airlines and their partners All Nippon, Air Canada, Lufthansa, Swiss, Austrian, and Brussels Air. The discount is applied to all applicable airfares originating in the U.S.
Rental Car Discounts
The University has rental car discounts with Enterprise Rent-A-Car, National Car Rental, Avis Rent a Car, Budget Car Rental, and Hertz Car Rental. These discounts are available for official University rental car use (not personal) and only available through Travel Services’ designated vendors AAA Corporate Travel, Concur, and Avant Travel. Insurance is included in UK's discount rates with Enterprise and National.
- Enterprise and National Rental Car Discounts - UK's current contract discounts for Enterprise & National rental cars as loaded on Concur and available through AAA and Avant are applicable only to official University business travel or for business travel combined with personal travel. Strictly personal travel can be booked online at either www.enterprise.com or www.nationalcar.com and enter discount code NA58UKP.
- Enterprise and National Rental Car Availability - Currently all rental car companies are experiencing vehicle shortages based on the global microchip manufacturing issue caused by the pandemic. When the pandemic hit, Enterprise and National reduced their car inventory to meet the demand at that time and many car manufacturers just shut down. Microchip suppliers turned their attention away from car manufacturers and concentrated on the computer and gaming markets. When travel experienced a bounce back in the fall and to better prepare for leisure travel through the summer, Enterprise and National ordered card from their manufacturers. However, the manufacturers are slow to receipt microchips so car-manufacturiing is very slow or in some cases, still shut down. This situation may take several months to work itself out. Locally fulfilling UK's rental car needs is a priority for Enterprise, and UK's Enterprise representative is recommending that UK travelers try and reserve cars as early as possible so that they will have more time to secure a vehicle for a UK traveler.
- Rental cars are not prepaid. The renter must have a credit card in his or her name to present to the rental car company when the car is picked up. Rental car companies do not allow credit card authorizations - meaning they will not accept UK procurement in one name, to pay for the rental car in another's name.
- Insurance for Domestic Car Rentals - For cars rented for short periods of time (30 days or less), liability and physical damage coverage is included in the University’s Fleet Insurance Policy. Individuals renting a vehicle from a rental agency while away from the University on official business must not purchase a collision damage waiver (CDW) for physical damage, nor should they take additional insurance for casualty/liability coverage. Hired car physical damage coverage under the University’s Fleet Insurance Policy includes Actual Cash Value Comprehensive and $500 Deductible Collision coverage for short-term rental vehicles. The Risk Management Office must be notified if a department intends to rent/lease a vehicle for long-term rentals (31 days or more). The cost of any damage claim within the $500 deductible is the responsibility of the department. Since liability and physical damage coverage on rented or hired vehicles is now included under the University’s Fleet Insurance Policy. Reimbursement for any insurance purchased in conjunction with domestic rental vehicles is not authorized.
- Insurance for International Car Rentals - Accepting the collision damage waiver (CDW) for physical damage to the vehicle is allowable and reimbursable. Many international car rental incidents are harder to resolve than domestic incidents, and taking the additional insurance can help resolve such issues with less difficulty. Also, many foreign countries require travelers to take the additional insurance in order to be able to rent a car. Questions regarding rental car insurance can be directed to the University’s Risk Management Department at 257-3708.
- Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) - Travelers who drive rental cars, motor pool cars, or personal vehicles for official University business must have a Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) Release and Information Form on file with the University’s Risk Management Department.
Lexington Hotel Discounts
See current Lexington hotel discount rates for University business travelers and guests from July 2022 - June 2023. Guests of the University: Please advise the hotel of the UK person or department you will be visiting. These rates are available through most of the year, but are subject to change based on hotel occupancy and special city events, to include the Kentucky High School Sweet Sixteen Tournament (March), Rolex 3-Day Equine Event (April), Keeneland Racetrack Sales and Racing (April & October), and the University of Kentucky Commencement Ceremony (May). Most of these rates are loaded onto UK's online booking system Concur.