- Develop entry-level athletic trainers who are knowledgeable and effective team members in their respective places of employment.
- Evaluate teaching effectiveness annually and intentionally.
- Provide clinical education opportunities with a variety of patient care settings to promote cultural understanding to foster healthcare delivery.
- Evaluate clinical education and experiences to ensure opportunities for student exposure and growth.
- Prepare students to successfully pass the Board of Certification Exam.
Student Learning Goals
- Demonstrate an in-depth understanding of the basis of human musculoskeletal function.
- Demonstrate written and oral communication skills.
- Incorporate the best available evidence, patient and clinician-based outcomes, clinical expertise and patient specific contextual factors in healthcare delivery.
- Recognize the importance of and function effectively as a member of an interprofessional healthcare team.
The most up to date version of the UK PMATP Policies and Procedures and Clinical Education Plan can be found here.